What Our Clients Are Saying
Dynamic Aviation owns and operates a large fleet of aircraft and has numerous complex government contracts. We consistently benefit from PBMares' exceptional wise counsel as we move through complicated business transactions. They are dedicated to remaining abreast of current tax laws and use that knowledge to provide suggested courses of action for our company. We've been able to make wiser and more informed decisions, and as a result we have experienced improved financial performance.
President & CEO
Government Contracting is a unique industry with a complex structure and subject to many rules and regulations. PBMares’ Government Contracting Team helps clients to understand and apply these regulations, as well as the unique audit and tax compliance requirements you face, so you can effectively compete and be successful. Our industry professionals have a broad range of experience that has been developed through years of serving as a trusted strategic advisor to numerous government contractors.
Our team is knowledgeable about the Government Contracting industry and understands the complex rules and regulations you must adhere to, such as the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). We have direct experience with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) auditors, as well as an understanding of mergers and acquisitions and the unique tax strategies and issues you may encounter, such as executive compensation and the timing of revenue recognition.
From small owner managed companies to larger corporations, we have worked with many contractors in the aerospace, defense, manufacturing, technology, and construction industries. We work closely with our clients to understand their business and develop strong relationships. Regardless of client size, we pride ourselves on advising clients efficiently and cost effectively.
Our Government Contracting Team professionals are ready to assist with your unique needs. Our goal is to provide expert advice and professional services when needed and to help you succeed by serving as your trusted advisor.
We offer specialized services to government contractors, including:
- Audits, reviews, compilations
- Field audits or collateral engagements as part of bank financing
- Advisory services assisting with specific accounting issues
- Establishment of procedures for internal control
- Mergers and acquisitions support
- Business valuations
- Fraud investigations through Artifice Forensic Financial Services, LLC
- Financial and tax planning
- Preparation of Form 5500
- Preparation of Corporate, S Corporation and Partnership and LLC tax returns
- Tax projections and tax planning unique to government contractors
- Representation before the IRS, state, and local tax authorities
- Employee benefit plan audits in accordance with the Department of Labor (DOL)
- Virginia Enterprise zone agreed upon procedures
- GovWin: Free online networking platform for government contractors.
- GovLoop: A social media application known as the “Facebook” of government contractors.
- Defense Contract Audit Agency: Provides standardized contract audit services for the DoD and accounting and financial advisory services regarding contracts and subcontracts to all DoD Components responsible for procurement and contract administration.
- System for Award Management: SAM is combining eight federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance into one new system.
- Small Business Administration – Contracting: Resource for small businesses interested in bidding on government contracts.
- DoD Office of Small Business Programs: Information on small business programs including links to other DoD and federal agency small business pages.
- VetBiz.gov: Provides assistance to veteran-owned businesses, as well as links to useful resources and information.
To ensure you receive unmatched guidance and customized solutions, we are actively involved in industry associations to stay ahead of the latest changes affecting government contractors. A sampling of our memberships includes:
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs’ Government Contracting Committee
- Virginia Society of CPAs’ Government Contracting Conference Task Force Committee
- Mclean Chamber of Commerce Government Contracting Committee
- National Contract Management Association
- Women in Defense
- National Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Council
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners